Overview of the expected
timeline for Phase 1 of the Challenge
NOVEMBER 18, 2020
Phase 1 opens
DECEMBER 2020 – JANUARY 2021
- Webinars to support registered Teams and potential Teams in developing their system architectures
- Promotional activities and/or other support for registered Teams
- Judging Panel Summit (virtual) to brief judges on roles/responsibilities and Challenge rules
JUNE 18, 2021
Deadline for registration and for Teams to submit their system architectures
JUNE – JULY, 2021
- Administrative review of the system architectures to verify compliance with rules
- Judging Panel may conduct virtual interviews with Teams
JULY – AUGUST, 2021
- Judging Panel reviews and scores the system architectures
- Judging Panel Summit (virtual) to determine Phase 1 winners
AUGUST 13, 2021
Phase 1 winners announced
Phase 2 registration opens
Phase 2 winners announced
Interested in keeping up to date with the challenge?
Provide your email address to receive updates
Challenge Site and Administration Powered by Ensemble.
The Break the Ice Lunar Challenge is implemented by Ensemble under contract with NASA’s Centennial Challenges Program.